Choosing the right foundation can sometimes be tricky, so
Here are a few suggestion on how to choose the right foundation for yourself:
1. Go to a large store like a department store, large drugstore or beauty supply which carries multiple lines of cosmetics. Online is a bad choice to buy make-up unless you are re-ordering!
2. If a beauty technician is available, ask for help or at least ask for an idea to point you in the right direction.
3. Don't try to get too much out of one cosmetic. One foundation can't take off ten years, even out skin tone, even out skin texture, be shine-free, oil free and be 24 hour wear at the same time. Instead pick one or two needs you know you must have in a foundation.
4. Determine the undertone of your skin. Is it pink, yellow, peach, brown etc.
5. Look for a foundation with the same undertone.
6. Choose your shade by matching the color to your jawline. Since it's between your face and neck (the two places that the foundation should match), it's your best bet. If the shades of your face & neck are slightly different, attempt to find one that's in between.
Look for store samples you can try on your skin before you buy the product.
Ask the beauty technician if she can apply your foundation for you after you have purchased it so that you can pick up tips from her experience.
Don't wear foundation when you go out to buy foundation-it will be much too confusing to determine your natural coloring.
Throw out foundation after 6-8 months. After this amount of time not only will the make-up develop bacteria, but it will lose pigment, separate and become less smooth in texture.